Monday, March 16, 2009

Bak in the land of the living... mostly?

I am feeling well again! Yay! It was a very long 26 days, and my house may take that long to get back in order. Not that my hubby didn't do a great job... he did a fantabulous job. It's just that he and I see cleaning differently. He looks at the surface stuff. Like..."Hey, if someone comes over, would they notice that smear of jam on the wall? Yeah, it is pretty big, and awfully bright. I should wipe it off. *scrub, scrub* Wow. Three day old jam sure is hard to get off the wall. At least it is a smaller smear, now." Whereas I look at the deeper stuff. Like..."Hey. there is some jam on the wall. I should clean it so that we don't get sticky jam on our clothes if we brush against it. And, I don't want Seb to think it is okay to put jam on the wall. Oh, wow... look at the other crap all over this wall! I can tell how much the kids have grown! Okay, time to wipe it down!" See the difference? But her is the really cool part. our kids are clean, our laundry is done, our house is vacuumed, and everyone is healthy! hooray for spouses and not being sick!

2 comments:

Bee Chalmers said...

Welcome back. Hope IKEA didn't hooch your back, however. I had fun though, and my bathroom looks great.

Laura and Ryan said...

Haha. You made me laugh with the comment about how much the kids have grown. I can relate! Thank goodness for wall smears! We'd never know otherwise!! :D