Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day (really late!!)

On Mother's Day, we went to a lovely park to play with some cousins. We had a fabulous day. My kids kept trying to sneak up on me to scare me... they are not very stealthy though, so I kept catching them in the act. Here is the Boy's attempt. *note the mouth, hanging partly open to allow for the hilarity issuing at extremely high volume* Nice try, Buddy... caught you again!


More hilarity... he just can't stop giggling! I found out later he was laughing and saying "Mommy! I'm going to get you!!". Poor kid. A Ninja he is not.
Then it was the girls turn. She is MUCH stealthier, but really should have moved over a little so that I could not hear her runners. Also, yelling "Mommy! I am coming to get you!!" is something she may want to work on, if she is going to become stealthy.
about here is where the giggles start... again, my offspring is not so much the Ninja-stealthy-type.
Then I heard this strange, terrifying sound. You know the kind of sound that triggers your fight or flight response? Yeah... that kind of sound. I swung around with my camera, and started clicking... this is what I saw.











He was hollering "Hooooonnnnneeeeeeeeyyyyyy" the whole entire time he was er... running (?!)... towards me. This is his version of what the kids were doing. I am so glad I married a man who thinks our kids are great targets for mocking. Happy Mother's day to me!

No comments: