Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ummmm, gingerbread! or A Tribute To Papa's Baking Skills


So my kids LOVE it when Papa bakes. And he is really fantastic at it... we often refer to him as "Marty Stewart". This year, he made the best gingerbread cookies I have ever tasted. In fact, I generally don't even like gingerbread cookies. At all. But I had to restrain myself from eating the kids cookies yesterday. It was tough, but I managed. Sebby likes to lick all the stuff off the front of his "liddle guy". And by stuff I mean sprinkles, smarties, ju jubes, jelly belly jelly beans, sparkly edible stuff, icing. In fact, if you check out Seb's chin in these pics, you will see most of those things.




Maddy has slightly different (and neater) way of eating her "little guy". She eats him piece by piece, savoring each and every topping from whatever section she is munching. And often, Papa puts a different topping on each part of the gingerbread man, so there is lots and lots of savoring happening! The down side to this bonanza of incredible edibles from Papa? Now my kids compare every other cookie or treat to Papa's stuff... and you wonder why I 
don't bake... I bet Martha Stewart's kids don't either!

3 comments:

Bee Chalmers said...

Yummy. We love papa's baking too. Note...your last paragraph is doubled up.

Jules said...

Hmmm... how do I fix that??!! Crap. This is too funny... that post took me hours with the pictures...

Jules said...

Woohoo! found the edit button!